post counter





BLOGS TO COME

Saturday, April 6, 2013

NO FEELING

#65 - NO FEELING










I had been at the Nutter Center one night for basketball practice and I had always  been stuck guarding the big man.   I was not a very good player as I always had problems getting the ball to even come close to touching the back board which had been embarrassing on more than one level .  The way that the gym had been set up aloud view of  the girls on the track team running laps on the plat form that had been built all the way around the gymnasium . There had been something very distracting about seeing those young muscular legs with beads of sweat running down them.   Let me tell you that it is hard to guard against  a man that out weighed   you by at least a 100 pounds and all you can think about  are the blondes running around above you in those tight little shorts .  I had been working out a lot on my upper body and had figured that I would score  a basket during a scrimmage  game between the other members of my team, I had used to shoot a
lot of hoops but that was when I had  my leg strength  to help me arch that ball up to the hoop.  I had made it around the guy that had been  blocking me and I had called for the pass in which I had dribbled the ball twice and shot the ball up so hard that my ass had left  the wheel chair seat, since the rules had been no wheelie bars to prevent the chairs from flipping over I had tipped and hit the hardwood floor hard with the back of my head.  It had hurt so badly and I had not been able to hear the voice of  my coach as he had been  looking down at me, a beautiful girl who had been  practicing volleyball on the court next to ours had even been looking down at me.   LOOKING BACK  I CAN SAY THAT IT HAD BEEN ONE OF THE MOST FRIGHTENING FEW MOMENTS OF MY LIFE AS I HAD NOT BEEN ABLE TO FEEL MY FINGERS OR TOES, I HAD THOUGHT THAT IT HAD ALL BEEN OVER AS I HAD GONE AND  BROKE  MY NECK AND WOULD  BE  A VEGETABLE UNTIL THE END.  I had been able to move in what had seemed like forever since I  last  had been able to and I had been helped up only to go over to the garbage can and puke my guts out.  After that had happened I had no longer tried  to score points and had just stuck with  assist.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment