post counter





BLOGS TO COME

Sunday, October 7, 2012

bike riding

bike ride











#25 - BIKE RIDING


I had always enjoyed ridding my bike ever since I had first learned how back in Springfield, I had loved feeling the wind in my hair and had always pedaled my bike as fast as I could.  when I had fallen off the bike and had gotten my arm ran over, I had not even hesitated about getting back on the bike when my cast had been removed.  I always had the bad luck of getting my shoe lace wrapped up in the pedals and had usually realized it when I had been so wrapped up that I had not even been able to step down on the pedals to brake.  I had soon kept my shoe laces tucked into my shoes but sometimes I had still managed to have the same problem during the earlier years of my life, I had learned to always check my shoe laces before and during riding my bike since then.  My mom had soon found out that the best way of punishing me had been to take away my bike and there had been a time that I had not ridden my bike in several weeks.  I can remember getting my first toolbox from one of the neighbors and I had taken my bike apart, my mom had taken her sweet time putting it back together.  I had loved to go down a hill and skid side ways by slamming on the brakes when I had hit lose gravel.  When we had moved to Troy Ohio, we had began to take long bike rides all over town and the neat thing had been that we had gotten to ride in the street.  The side walks had been ridiculous due to the tree roots that had run under them sending the cement blocks of the side wake jutting dangerously in spots.  Of course, we had never ridden in the street unless our mom had been there.  We had only been allowed to ride our bikes near the house, which had gotten to be very boring.  My mom had gotten me a brand new bike for my 13th b-day but, she had installed a giant rear view mirror on the handle bar becauseshe had said that I had always ridden out in front of cars that had been passing by.  That bike has been special to me because it had been my first bike ever, that had brakes on the handle bars.  So picture a dude that you had went to school with and had seen him ridding down the road with a bicycle helmet, having his mom cussing at him from a bicycle behind him while you are trying not to laugh at him because of the motorcycle rare view mirror that he had on his handle bar.   YEAH, I GUESS THAT YOU CAN SAY THAT I WAS A STRAIT UP CHICK MAGNET !

No comments:

Post a Comment