post counter





BLOGS TO COME

Sunday, February 3, 2013

DRIVING LESSONS

#55-  DRIVING LESSONS


Every time Delores  had taken me out and let me drive her around in the car I had always felt very nervous because she had been a no patient having woman that I could never seem to get on any good side that she might have  had.  Every time that I had made a mistake  she would have me pull over and slap me in the back of my head.   I had decided that I would never get my license.    After I had  turned 18 her new boyfriend Dan had been the one that I would ask to give me my lessons,  Dan had helped ease the nervousness by keeping Delores from giving me a hard time, he had enjoyed drinking and would always give Delores enough alcohol  to keep her from getting on my case.  I do not think that I had been that bad of a driver but the two of them had to be drunk enough to leave me the fuck alone  from the back seat.  The highway had been my favorite as there had not been all of the stop and go with the damn stop signs and lights.  I had a large wheel chair topper on the top of the car that had always  sucked as the big trucks had blown me all around and I had never enjoyed that car very much because the first 3 letters on the plates had been PMS. The license plate had not even been a vanity plate.  With the wheel chair topper it had not been hard to tell  where I had been as the top of the Grand Am had looked like it had a big U-Haul box on it,  I remembered the way I would wash and vacuum out that car often  and had even decided what items I wanted to put on that car  when I began working.  My mom had broken my heart when one day she had told me that the car would never be mine and she had her doubts that I  would ever be allowed to get my Driver's License.  Drea had gotten pipes on her car that had been so loud you could literally  hear her coming   from blocks away and she was not allowed to go through drive-thrus .  Her Beretta had been bad - assed as she had put a loud system in the car that made the seats vibrate which had sometimes felt better than the pillows  that I would hump.
IN JANUARY OF 2001 DELORES HAD DECIDED THAT SHE WAS GOING TO DONATE THE CAR THAT HAD MY CONTROLS IN IT TO CHARITY.  I HAD WANTED HER TO TAKE MY STUFF OFF OF THE CAR AND GIVE THEM TO ME AS THE MDA HAD BOUGHT THEM FOR ME.  DELORES HAD TOLD ME THAT SHE WOULD NOT TAKE MY WHEEL CHAIR TOPPER OFF OF THE CAR BECAUSE IT WOULD LEAVE HOLES IN THE ROOF.  SHE HAD TOLD ME THAT I COULD BUY THE 94 GRANDAM FROM HER FOR $5000 AND  I HAD REMINDED HER THAT SHE HAD ONLY GIVEN ME $85 DOLLARS A WEEK OUT OF MY OWN DISABILITY MONEY.  SHE HAD NOT SEEN TO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HER ORIGINAL PLAN OF DONATING THE CAR TO CHARITY.  THAT DUMB BITCH DID NOT EVEN BUY THE CAR HERSELF AS IT HAD BEEN GIVEN TO HER BY A GROUP OF PEOPLE TO TRANSFER HER HANDICAP SON TO APPOINTMENTS.  IT HAD BEEN MY FAULT THAT I HAD NEVER WENT TO THE SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE IN THE AREA SO THAT I WOULD HAVE CONTROL OF THE MONEY THAT THE STATE HAD PROVIDED TO ME TO LIVE OFF OF.  I HAD NOT BEEN FEELING LIKE GOING UP AGAINST THE CONTROLLING WOMAN BECAUSE IT WOULD BE MORE STRESSFUL THAT I HAD NEEDED AT THAT POINT.      



No comments:

Post a Comment