Monday, September 3, 2012

THE PRINCI PAL


       



#17 - THE PRINCIPAL


I had been in the 6th grade and I had been getting in trouble often but mostly for disrupting class with my antics. I had been sent to the Assistant Principal's Office numerous times and each time the 2 of us had ended up laughing and discussing what we had seen on the discovery channel, I do remember all of the times that I had sat on the wooden bench in the office and I had hoped to see the Assistant Principal rather than the mean one. His office door had normally been closed but, I had felt the need to rush by it or tip toe. One day however when I was being led into the asst. Principal's office his door had opened and he had said that he would deal with me from that point on because he had seen me in the office numerous times. His wall had been covered with pictures of NBA players, I had recognized a few of them and had learned after asking him that he had used to referee.  This had been the  time when I began to rebel against the other students and I had realized that the Principal would be the one to deal with me from that point on.  He had not been as nice as the asst. principal as we had never had interesting conversations about the Discovery channel.  The principal had always been quick to slap me with another Saturday school when ever I had been sent to the office, it had gotten to the point of not being in his office for very long before he would hand me a Saturday School notice before just  sending me on my way.  I had just gotten my ear pierced and the kids had made fun of me so one day I had went into the classroom early and threw everyone's pencils out of the window  when the time had came I had been the only one in the entire class that had a pencil.  The teacher had known that it had been my work even before he had seen my dimples of guilt,  looking back on the whole thing I am able to see that I should have throw my pencil out as well.  The Principal had began to get visibly frustrated when ever he had seen me on that wooden bench in the office and  he had discovered that I had not minded Saturday School  I had just been sent to the office for both innocent and stupid shit he did not suspend me.  His solution had been to keep me in a private room on the stage in the Assembly Hall but it had only lasted a few days because, I had loved being away from all those jerks that I had in each of my classes.  Looking back for this post I can plainly see that Principal had neither been my friend or my pal.     

No comments:

Post a Comment