Monday, September 3, 2012

THE REFLEX TEST





#18 - THE REFLEX TEST


doctor to both believe and discover, that I may have Friedric's Ataxia in which he had began his own study methods to track the disease that he had so strongly felt that I had.  I had not liked the guy very much when he had began to talk as if I had yet another disease but now, I wish that I would be able to track him down and both shake his hand and tell him how smart I think he is.  We had gone to a few other doctors and none of them had the knowledge that he had and one doctor had even wanted to put me on steroids saying that I would live short life but it would be a less painful one.  Back at Dr. Hardman's he had asked me if I would be willing to be admitted into the hospital over at Children's for about a week and allow doctors from all over the country to come in and run various tests upon me, he had told me that I might have a condition that is a unique one because the Medical World has never come across before.  I HAVE OSTEOGENESIS IMPERFECTA- FRIEDRIC'S  ATAXIA WITH A CARDIAC INVOLVEMENT- I ALSO HAVE A VERY ENLARGED HEART.  I just asked if it was going to hurt and he had told me that it had depended the procedure.  I had thought for about a minute and decided that I would do it to held doctors treat others and on the plus side, it would get me out of school for a while.        
I had gotten quite used to the long drive from where we had been living to the Children's Hospital, my Neurologist had bought a house right next door to the hospital where he had set up his office. I had liked the cozy feel of the office setting as opposed to that of the hospital and he had numerous pet cats that had ran around the office / house. He had been a doctor that I had began seeing after meeting Doctor Lerner when I had been too young to remember. He had been my Neurologist and I had noticed that he had been more involved in matters concerning my balance and coordination from what I had gathered, I had still been very young but I had known that I had many doctor's during that time. It had been Dr. Hardman that would order me to wear braces on my feet and later ordering larger ones, he had been monitoring me heavily since the 4th grade because I had began falling down alot more during that period.  It had been Dr. Hardman that had discovered that I had been cheating on my reflex test and cheating might be using too strong of a word to descibe just what I had been doing, I had still been very young and had not been realizing that I had been screwing myself.  The doctor would have me sit on the table and he would take a little rubber hammer to each of my knees and I would kick them out but, one day he had made me turn away and when he had hit each one of my knees nothing had happened.  The Friedric's Ataxia was setting in but it had still been in it's early stages as Dr. Hardman had been the first

No comments:

Post a Comment